Thursday, December 3, 2009

Publication plan

After i recieved my twenty questionnaires and the results got collected. I had to start making a publication plan which would include all my ideas including


  • The magazine title

After recieving the questionnaires i looked at the question what do you associate with the word acoustic? The results i recieved contained lots of variety including Hippy,Mellow and Stings. The most effective and revelant suggestion was strum. This sounds professional, realistic and straight to the point i.e. it could not be mistaken for another type of magazine for example strings could be a classical magazine so that was my final decision. Strum would also tell the audience immedietly what the magazine genre.


Positioning Statement


The positioning statement is a solo artist called Mellow.D. I created Mellow D Melting Charts as it sounds fun, interesting and will catch the readers eye as it is relevant to today i.e. the charts and it is inviting.


Frequency


When i recieved my questionnaire results the highest frequency was fortnightly so this helped me make my decision as it recieved the highest vote.


Price


The price that was most popular on my Questionnaire results was £2 to £3 so i reviewed other music magazines and decided on £2.30 as my price as many popular published magazines are sold at that price.


Distrubution


The places that will distrubute my magazine are music shops, supermarkets,concerts and newsagents as these places will advertise as they are popular and will be recognised the most by all types of people espically a newsagents or a supermarket.


Rationale


The approach of my magazine is to give fans a magazine which includes everything that they wants including interviews,free gifts,competitions,letters,quizes and reviews etc to give an offical insight to the music world and give the readers a chance to get involed in music and the magazine and also ask questions and share ideas and point of views i.e. the letters page and interviews etc.



Style

The style of my magazine is informal but essential for music lovers. My magazine will include humour and information with a friendly style as it is aimed at a teenage audience. The syntax will be short and long paragraphs asking questions and giving the audience information about different topic all related to guitars and music.


Feature Content

Mellow .D. Melting Charts

Top 10 legends - Who will take the topspot?

Beginners guide to guitar - Guitar players essential guide

How well do you know music? - Test your knowlegde

Free cd- Rock out to some of the best tunes.

10 minutes with Chris Martin.


Regular content


· Interviews - Taylor Swift
·New album success

· News – Band break up on the mend.
·Oasis maybe back for good
·
· Letters – Good/Bad Gigs etc. highs and lowes of the festival season

· 10 minutes with Chris Martin
·Coldplays frontman in the hot seat
·
· Kt Tunstall
Rocking Europe

·Competition – Win a Gibson Guitar of your choice.
·Take your pick!
·
· Reviews – Which is the best guitar
·Which is the best guitar?

· Quiz – How well do you know music?
·
· Album Reviews
Who is flying high in the chart showdown?


· guitar chord books
Get 20% off any guitar chord book
·

Upcoming gig

Are they coming to your area?


· New stuff
Brand new fashion order now.

· Texas
In demand


Housestyle

I did this within a couple of lessons and my questionnaire helped me with the frequency, price feature and regular content and the housestyle(colours).


Here is some screenshots of my publication plan with all my ideas;












No comments:

Post a Comment