Saturday, January 23, 2010

Evaluation- Question 6

What have you learnt about technologies from the process of constructing this product?

I have learnt lots about the technologies from constructing my product as I have gained more skills in certain areas including Adobe Photoshop, quark express and my camera skills. Firstly when it came to using abode Photoshop I only had a little experience about the things it could do but throughout this project I have learnt that it is a program which is capable of doing lots of different things like creating shapes and boxes, it contains lots of different fonts and blending options to help you create an effective font and cover lines with added tools i.e. gradient overlay. I have learnt that Photoshop can manipulate images in a number of different ways i.e. different size or with a patterned background or you can crop an image or use the different lasso tool which can change any image.
When I had to use quark express it was completely new to me but I found it quite easy to use as it had a simple layout of everything that I required i.e. text box/image box. I found quark express easier than Photoshop as it has a simpler layout and is more straight forward. It took me a little time to find all the different things that I needed and to get the right setup on the pages then I found it quite easy. When I started my preliminary task I found using the camera quite hard as I could only do the basics but when I started my evaluated work I experimented with the camera and found all the different shots and effects that could be added compared to just the normal images I was taking at the start of the two tasks.

Here are some images of me using these programs including Adobe Photoshop quark express and Mircosoft word along with some images of the different programs and the tools i used to help me create an effective media product.

No comments:

Post a Comment