Saturday, January 23, 2010

Evaluation - Question 5

How did you attract/address your audience?

I did a number of different things to address and attract my audience I used on main image on my front cover of a male playing the guitar. The male was looking at the camera this is making eye contact with the audience and is inviting them to buy because of direct address. Also my main image is against a plain purple background so there is only the main image to focus on as the background is not distracting just like other published magazines this is an important feature to most magazines.

I used an effective relevant title name called strum which relates to guitars and music as well as the stand first (simply guitar) this catches peoples eyes as it invites the audience into a world of guitars and music .I used relevant cover lines such as top 10 legends and how well do you know music? Etc this addresses my audience as they enjoy music and gives a sense of the magazine genre my coverlines also offer variety i.e. free CD, quiz interviews and advice. Variety is found on most magazines to keep the audience interested in the magazine and for their enjoyment.

The font that I have used may attract my audience as it is the width of my magazine with a big, bold font called brittanic bold as my main cover line Mellow d. I used little subheadings under my cover lines to give my audience an insight to the article i.e. “test your knowledge!”

I included popular bands and artists to help attract my audience such as Coldplay. I got this information from my questionnaire. The artists stand out at the bottom of the page with short words such as PLUS which makes the audience feel involved and getting good value.

I used included a free CD as people like to feel they are getting good value and feel part of the magazine so I included a free CD to make people feel like this.

I used popular well known colours including red black and white because my questionnaire told me that it gets my social groups attention and magazines with these colours appeal to them.
I spoke to my audience throughout my magazine with simple language and short sentences as music magazines are aimed at any audience who enjoy music so anyone can read and understand the magazine.

I also attracted my audience by making my magazine a certain price which is suitable and affordable. My questionnaire told me that on average people like to pay £2 to £3 for a magazine so I made my magazine this price and it appeals to my target audience as it is an ideal price.

No comments:

Post a Comment